There's nothing "retiring" about Savannah
Situated approximately one hour west of Cairns in sunny Mareeba, Savannah is the only Lifestyle Resort north of Bundaberg and continues to raise the benchmark for developments of its kind.
Being privately and locally owned has definitely contributed to the superior design and construction of the homes and amenities, the amazing gardens and the abundance of thoughtful touches, including the width of the resort’s streets and verges and the truly magnificent mineral Savannah InvigaPool, not to mention the stunning 28 seat Cinema, Arts and Crafts Room, Gym and Men’s Shed.
Now that's what you'd call the perfect lifestyle!
Saying this, “Lifestyle” must be one of the most over-used expressions in the real estate and retirement industries of late! Realistically the perfect Lifestyle choice for someone in their 30’s or 40’s would be unlikely to suit someone nearing retirement ... what you really need is “freedom”:
- the freedom of owning your own home outright, with absolutely no hidden fees or charge;
- the freedom of living in a beautifully landscaped resort, with very little maintenance and no garden chores;
- the freedom of being a member of an exclusive amenity centre with Cinema, Gym, Mineral pool and Spa
- and the freedom to get up and travel at the drop of a hat, content in the knowledge that your home will be safe and secure while you’re away.
Operating under the Manufactured Homes Act (as opposed to the Queensland Retirement Villages Act) gives owners of one of Savannah's beautifully constructed homes the following benefits:
- Homes are owned outright and can be bequeathed
- No Deferred Management/Exit Fees/Capital Gains retention
- No Stamp Duty/Conveyance charges
- Guests (including children) can stay and Pets are welcome
- Free Mobile Home/Caravan Storage
The first stage is now complete and Stage 2 is now open. Two stages of the three-staged Amenity Centre have been completed and in use and it is planned that the final stage (Clubhouse, Games Room and Library/Business Centre) will be started within the next year.